Thursday, November 02, 2006

The Broken Heart of a Traitor

The Broken Heart of a Traitor

This broken heart of a traitor,
Bound by the frailty of words.
Finds itself plagued by one question,
Is Your grace enough? (to heal the burned)

Oh how could I tempt fate again?
I'm not sure but today left with silence,
And these muddy waters come rushing in,
Taking what's left of my innocence.

God, I am Your imperfect creation,
struggling, striving forth
Fighting for that which is eternal
Fighting for that which is love.

But I find failure is my only real friend
That this tradition of defeat
Will try to claim me till the end.
Capturing me with the heresy in my heart.

But how do I stop my heart and my tongue,
From fanning the flames of unforgiveness?
My only hope is that this love suffers long
And rejoices in truth, rescuing me from my December.

No comments: