Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Chasing After the Wind

Music is an indirect force for change, because it provides an anchor against human tragedy. In this sense, it works towards a reconciled world. It can also be the direct experience of change. At certain points during some shows, the reconciled world is already here, at least in that second, at that place. Operation Ivy was very lucky to have experienced this. Those seconds reveal that the momentum that drives a subculture is more important than any particular band. The momentum is made of all the people who stay interested, and keep their sense of urgency and hope. (J. from Operation Ivy)


Chasing After the Wind


I've heard them call it a waste of time
Maybe just a chasing after the wind
But this is how I commune with God
Where I become a spiritual being again

Cause if I dance all night, sing all day,
Maybe at the break of the dawn,
In the cool grey of the morning,
My heart will finally find its calm.

I just wish I could see myself at the end
And know that I wasn’t just chasing after the wind
Cause time seems to keep ticking away
Till there’s nothing left, only yesterday

No comments: