Sunday, December 30, 2007

A Moment of Imperfect Clarity

A Moment of Imperfect Clarity

It's so hard, in these hours alone,
Not to let the silence take you from home
To distract yourself from all the imperfections
That are cast on the water as a reflection
Of what looks only to be a fractured life
Full of decisions that caused nothing but strife
Now, I try to remember that God promises a fulness unknown
But really, that's the hardest because,
It seems like when you finally see it, it's gone...
like lightning
Falling from the sky
You fall with it,
Letting out quite an unremarkable cry
And when you do finally hit the ground
Your ears go deaf from the sound
But not from the noise all around
From the scream within your soul that resounds
And your eyes, in kind,
Start going blind
From the tears that are wept unseen
Losing hope from the lies that make up
So many broken dreams
Tell me, what's the secret?
I promise, I can keep it...
Please. Don't make me fake it,
I know love can break it
Break the cycle of a shattered existence
Longing only to create some distance
Between a past that plagues me
And a place away from this insanity
A moment in time that does not conform me
To a world that wishes only to devour me
Away from a sanctuary with correct theology
But instead, I seek Your heart, Your serenity
Because,
Jah, in the end,
With You I find acceptance
A return to innocence
Lord God, You are my refuge, my solace,
The very reason for my existence...

No comments: