Tuesday, December 16, 2008

A Soul's Recompense

A Soul's Recompense

Today is the day I must confess,
That in yesterday's mourning I did reposess,
A life never meant to be mine,
A heart thought gone from time.
But here I am, such a mess,
A heart in utter distress,
Stranded with today, so meaningless,
Here my soul seeks to recompense,
The Almighty's steadfastness.
A way from the hopelessness,
That I find in all the world ascribes,
Hope and glory in a deceitful diatribe.
If I only understood Your majesty,
Taste reprieve from my heart's tragedy
Then this moment would not conquer me,
Serenity no longer a fantasy.
And I could live with Thee, triumphantly,
In all the days that are to come,
Our spirits intertwined as one,
Awakening a dream thought undone,
Consumed by a fire on the run,
No longer imprisoned by false truth,
Choices of an ill-spent youth,
A generation lost to the veneration,
Of a soul's dissipation or degredation.
Because what they call solution,
Is truly just an illusion,
A complication and instigation,
Of a life comprised of only brokenness,
Simply less than all God meant for us.
So here we are God, broken & alone,
No heart to hold on to, no place is home.
No way to atone.
So here I am God, in the midst of this,
Knowing I must confess,
That I struggle to know if it's worth all this,
That I need Your strength in this,
Now it is my soul's recompense,
Confessing that You are my everything,
Conveying purpose for the living,
A divine treasure, never-ending pleasure,
A life eternal without measure.
Refreshing me with joy in the mourning,
Breaking me from this world's conforming,
It is here You release me from the weight of this,
A heart burdened by sin's inheritance,
A heart of stone now with innocence,
Becoming flesh despite all this.
Reminding me that as the dew is glistening,
You are ever watchful, ever listening,
To the prayers of the broken,
Moving on the truths You've spoken.
That You are a God who hears us as we cry,
Your heart breaking, forgiveness You won't deny...

Oh God, how I long for Your forgiveness, Your grace and mercy and loving kindness. Thank you, Oh Lord, for Your sacrifice. For Your love. For Your neverending pursuit of us. Thank you, for You are worthy.

No comments: