Wednesday, May 28, 2008

My Heart's Requiem...

yeah there are quite a few in this vein, but this is it. the last one. done.
________________________________________

My Heart's Requiem/Requiem for a Heart

Oh, carry my heart away,
Sing the requiem for the day,
That left me with nothing,
But a heart that's always waiting.
It seems I have a choice though,
But why won't I ever let go?
This place has broken me,
So many times it has shaken me
Like the ocean, it is consuming me
Taking my heart and my dreams
But I keep falling into
All the same feelings that hurt me
Now I have to abandon these
Conjure up a dream of a new place
Away from where the ocean meets the sand
Some distance from the memory of your hand in my hand
A new place, somewhere outside of misery
Where I can let go of these hopes and dreams
Some place where I don't have to care
Some place beyond this deep blue nothing
That just keeps chasing me
God, it hurts me not to care
To see my hope vanished in the air
My only thought, "How could this be?"
So I take a breath and remember when
This hope would carry me in
In to the next day, when,
Things used to be different then
It was once a dream of a crystal coastline
A dream that I could never forget
But now it's time to wake up
Move on with the shake up
I will never ever again know you that way
I will never again see the day,
Where I was your choice,
Your reason for smiling,
A name never far from your lips
Impressed upon your heart
Cause now I'm alone in here
How did I not know this would happen again?
Do you see the mark you left on my heart?
It left me such a mess the first time
And now, because of your choice
It has shown up here & I'm alone again
But now it's time for me to wake up
And wash away what I once called my own
Maybe forget all the things you said
Forget the love now dead
Abandon all the half-truths you ever spoke to me
Cause there's no more chances to be
What I'd always hoped and seen
The fire's gone out in my heart,
There is no more passion burning in these bones
Just a heart that's hurting, feeling so alone...

No comments: