Thursday, April 02, 2009

Shattered

Shattered

What can you say about tomorrow?
Will it bring me joy or sorrow?
Will it bring life or will it bring death?
There seems to be a war within this breath,
Where the world calls me a dissenter
To tender my dreams, surrender,
To give up all that I remember.
But I cannot. I refuse to end here.
Because my God does inspire the fire,
That perpetually fuels my desire,
Never to succumb,
To fight this war for freedom
From a life ordinary,
As only God could call me.
But today started in disarray,
My thoughts shattered, my heart astray,
Forcing me to press against the truth
Spoken by God, heard in my youth,
Reminding me I need to lean to stand to win,
To stand against the wind, to live again,
Because I was born to fight for freedom
I was born to fight for freedom
To usher in the kingdom,
To tell the story of hope and peace,
Of a love without cease,
Lives freed by a rebel movement,
Bringing hope that is imminent,
As hearts are postured toward insurrection,
Finding faith in the resurrection
So I say rise and fight!
Be the light - rage against the night!
Against the lion who lies in wait,
Waiting to devour and desecrate.
So don't let the moment evaporate.
Don't hesitate or contemplate
Whether to walk toward this fate.
Pray only for the courage to burn,
The wisdom to discern,
God's plan and learn,
Which step is meant to be next,
Where the Spirit and your life intersect.
Cultivating dreams from the darkness
Where God emerges in our midst,
Illuminating the street where we are to meet,
In a moment standing discrete,
The world beneath your feet,
Never again wondering where He's been,
Because in these dreams He reveals Himself again,
Never to be missed, always in our midst,
Bringing light to the darkness.

No comments: