Friday, February 08, 2008

Between Two Faces

Between Two Faces

Between who we are
And who we want to be
Lie the two faces,
That the world knows as me
My eyes are now opened wide
But still, I struggle to see,
Which face is a lie.
Am I so far from home,
That I can't even bring myself to try?
All my hopes and dreams
Are nothing what I thought they were
Feeding a listless life
Feeling hollow to the core
This endless search for something more
Consumes all the daylight
Possibly so much more
Till there are no dreams left tonight
So this evening
Instead of dreaming
I work to reconcile what I see as two
Struggling to make them one,
Hopefully, before the night is through.
So every morning I pray to God,
Please take this life, make me one.
One with the Father,
One with the Son.
Let me never cease striving to be,
Unfettered, living for eternity.
Because inside, there is a tension
A struggle, killing me from within
And though I'd rather close my eyes,
Pretending it'll all pass me by,
I cannot accept this
I cannot live another lie...

Lord, just as You and the Father are one
So I long to be with You today
My heart a reflection of Yours
My life, a beacon of hope this day.

===============================

struggle...

No comments: