Friday, February 15, 2008

The Hills of Zion

The Hills of Zion

I hear the hills of Zion calling me.
Begging, please, let me set you free,
Walking amongst my meadows I wish you to be,
Always feeling the peace you long to see.

And out of the silence I hear the Spirit calling,
Grab ahold of me and I'll stop your falling.
My hearts aches for you to stop these wicked choices,
Always struggling to shake those same dark voices.

Behold, in the wilderness His Son is speaking,
Shouting, "It is me whom you are seeking."
"It is only I who can save,
My life for you I gave."

Now the Father speaks in a thunderous voice,
Under which, I hear a thousand angels rejoice.
My beloved child, look at the price I've paid.
My One and Only Son, at the cross I have laid.

Seeing that I'm shackled by my sin,
Walking a line that's so paper thin,
I pray, "Lord, break these chains that bind me
Because in the Hills of Zion I long to be."

No comments: